|Healty Pasta Recipes|
White Bean and Fontina Pasta with Broccoli Rabe|
- 8 ounces whole-wheat shells, fusilli or chiocciole
- 1 large bunch broccoli rabe, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces, or 8 cups baby spinach
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 19-ounce can cannellini beans, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded fontina cheese
- 2/3 cup Toasted Breadcrumbs, optional (see Tip)
1. Bring a large pot of waterto a boil. Add pasta and cook, stirring occasionally, according topackage directions. Stir in broccoli rabe (or spinach) during the last2 to 3 minutes. Drain. Dry the pot.
2. Whiskbroth and flour in a small bowl until smooth. Heat oil in the pot overmedium-high heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring constantly, untilfragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the broth mixture and bring to asimmer, whisking constantly, until it thickens, 3 to 4 minutes. Addbeans, vinegar, salt and pepper and the pasta and broccoli rabe (orspinach). Cook, stirring, until the mixture is heated through, about 1minute. Remove from the heat; add cheese, stirring until it melts.Serve immediately, topped with Toasted Breadcrumbs, if using.
Saturated Fat: 4g
Monounsaturated Fat: 7g
Dietary Fiber: 13g
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (170% daily value), Vitamin A (150% dv), Iron (25% dv), Calcium (20% dv).
Visit Eating Well
for more recipes like this.